Tree Trimming Advice: Burbank Tree Trimming Company
Recently, we have been struggling to keep our trees healthy and alive. We have been trying to save on water and not water our landscaping as much as we use too. Now that it is warming up we started to notice one of our landscaping trees was beginning to show signs of stress. We are very concerned that this specific trees was going to die. If this tree dies then it will be hazardous too our office. It is right in front of our building and we are concerned that the south winds could possible topple the tree over and cause property damage.
We learned that we have not been properly trimming our landscape trees and they are suffering from poor health. This whole time we thought it was due to water but come to find out tree trimming increases the health of trees! According to Burbank Tree Trimming, there are multiple benefits of trimming your landscape trees. Here is a quick guide to tree trimming and some helpful tips to keep your trees healthy and looking great!
7 Benefits of Tree Trimming
Tree trimming is often thought of as a purely aesthetic exercise. While it’s true that trimmed trees can look nicer, there are actually many benefits to tree trimming that go beyond appearances. Burbank Tree Trimming explains the top reasons why you should trim your trees on a regular basis:
- Trimming your trees can actually improve their overall health! This is because you are essentially giving them a haircut and getting rid of any dead or diseased branches.
- By trimming back the branches of your trees, you are also helping them get better exposure to sunlight. This is important for photosynthesis and overall health.
- If you have trees with roots that are starting to become exposed, tree trimming can actually help counterbalance this root loss.
- Trimming your trees also allows you to detect any diseases before they have a chance to advance and do serious damage.
- Trees that are trimmed on a regular basis tend to be more productive. This is because they have more access to sunlight and are able to direct their energy toward growth.
- In addition to being healthier, trimmed trees also tend to look better overall. This can add value to your property and make it more visually appealing.
- Finally, trimming your trees can minimize damage during severe weather conditions. This is because there are fewer branches for the wind to blow around and cause damage.
When Is the Best Time to Trim Trees?
Trimming or pruning trees is best done between late fall and early spring. The perfect time to visit is after the leaves have fallen and before the flowers have bloomed. However, to decide the optimal time to cut your tree, you should check with a local arborist. The best trimming cycle will be determined by the tree’s species, size, and health. The pruning cycle for most trees is 3 to 5 years. Trimming too regularly, on the other hand, might harm the tree, so it’s crucial to stick to the suggested schedule. Neglecting to prune your trees can be dangerous since it allows weak or dead branches to remain on the tree. These branches can break off and fall, causing damage or injury. By contrast, well-maintained trees are not only aesthetically pleasing but also safer for people and property. Therefore, it’s essential to keep up with your tree trimming schedule.
As the days grow shorter and the weather turns colder, trees begin to slow their growth and enter a state of dormancy. This period of inactivity creates the perfect opportunity for pruning, as several factors come into play that make trimming easier and more beneficial during this time of year. First, pruning in the winter reduces the burden on the tree by preventing vigorous growth. Wounds will heal faster, and growth in the spring will be more abundant. Second, pests and diseases are less active during the dormant season, so fresh pruning cuts are less likely to be attacked. Finally, the absence of leaves makes it easier for arborists to examine and access the branches. By taking advantage of these ideal conditions, you can help your trees stay healthy and thrive for years to come.
Tree trimming is an important part of tree care. It can help to remove dead or damaged branches, as well as help to shape the tree. This can also help to prevent issues such as overgrowth or disease.
If you have trees on your property, it is important to keep them trimmed on a regular basis. Tree trimming is a relatively simple and inexpensive process that can have a big impact on the health and appearance of your trees. Be sure to hire a professional tree trimming company similar to Burbank Tree Trimming to get the best results.